So these questions were submited by Jill. Thanks Jillie.
Do you get to watch Oprah? Yes! They actually have it everyday at 4:00 just like home! Do you know the story of when I was first getting to know Gregg, and wanted to tell him about Brent. Well, I said he sold paintings to Oprah... and then I paused and said... do you know who Oprah is? It was soooo stupid of me!! And yes, he did know who Oprah was.
What kind of shopping is there? Good shopping! Great grocery stores- quite fancy ones even with the nice veggies and fruit. As for clothes, the styles are different then home which always makes it way more fun to shop here. Beats the Idaho Falls Macys!
What kinds of foods do the grocery stores have? Everything we have- just all different brands. Except I couldn't find teriyaki sauce tonight! What is that about? Oh, and they have NO Mexian food whatsoever. That was really strange to me until I realized that Zimbabwe is there bordering country, not Mexico. Looks like I have to make salsa. They are all about there Boerewors (Boeur-voors)- that is Afrikaans for farmers sausage. I never really liked sausage, so I'm having big issues with that!
How cold is it there? It's getting SUPER warm now. We are going into spring, but today was about 90. They say summers get well into the 100's. Not really looking forward to the heat, but grateful for 2 summers in a row!
Do you get mail every day? I get e-mail everyday from my totally awesome friends and family, but not real mail. Maybe once a week?
How do you like the rocking white pickup, and do you drive Gregg to work so you have wheels during the day? The pickup is awesome. Gregg did well choosing that one out! It's a manual, and that means I am now shifting with my left hand. But I'm getting better at it! If I need the truck during the day for yoga, I will just take Gregg to work and pick him up in the evenings.
What kinds of hobbies are you going to be learning because I'm sure by now you are BORED. I'm taking up basket weaving, buffalo herding, and zebra taming.
What are Gregg's stories about work, and how much does he LOVE having his wife with him? So far most of Gregg's work has been hospital transfers. I'm still waiting for the hectic story about the rhino charging the tourist... but that has yet to come. He flies around the Kruger National Park, which is South Africa's largest park, so I'm certain there will be some good stories soon. And yes, he LOVES having a wife again.
Emily, your pictures were so great, looking forward to seeing more. Sounds like your getting into the swing of things, good for you. Tell Greg 'HI' for me, and keep painting.
ReplyDeleteLove , Louise