
This past weekend we went to Gregg's favorite spot in South Africa- Cape Vidal. Meet the crew who joined us: Johnny B, me, Vivian, Jackie, Chris, Carl, Gregg, Clint and Sally.

I took this pic on the way to Vidal- it's the sign from Craig's farm! Tour 2010 peeps- this is where we are headed!!! And Craig and Leigh- just to make you that much more homesick for SA...

The sugar cane fields near Craig's home.

Gregg and I choosing our favorite restaurant in St. Lucia for our USA peeps tour. This place had the best shrimp and other seafood.

Viv and me

Check this out! A black mamba in the camp! YIKES!!! It is eating a mole snake here. I have never seen one of these in the wild (thank goodness), and luckily he was quite distracted in his meal that he didn't want to bit any of us. This is one of the most poisonous snakes in South Africa.

This is the same spot where Gregg and I were engaged in 2008!

Gregg and Johnny B fishing. Johnny promised me a shark, but we never caught anything.

The boys reminiscing about old school days at the beach.

Some of the crew took out fishing ski's

Clint, Gregg, Carl and Johnny at camp

Cray fishing!!!!! Cray fish taste just like lobster. Ummmm

This is me cray fishing/practicing self photography on the beach.

The boys found the most perfect spot for the cray fish- where they could play in the water but not get worked over by the waves and currents. I think Mike and Zac better prepare for some of this!

They caught 9 that day!!!

Game drive- and how awesome is this mother rhino and baby. They came right up to us!

Sun downer at the lookout point. Gregg contemplating life

Sun downer

Huge Kudu


Vidal is one of the most magical places in the world, because you have a beautiful coast lines that is untouched and unpopulated. And just 1 minute from the sandy beaches is the bush and the option to go for a game drive. Vidal is also a huge game reserve with lots of rhino, and other awesome African animals. We had an absolute blast.
FUN! Love those pics. Sounds like you guys had a great time! I certainly appreciated the late-night (for you) phone calls :) The snake picture freaks me out ... grooooossssss. But I love that the rhinos came so close!! Awesome! And Emmy, you def need a gorillapod for those self-portraits on the beach. I'm def a little jealous of your trip!!
ReplyDelete