Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a day off with the Angels

When Frank told me they were taking Monday (their one day off a week) in Idaho, I immediately thought we had to take them fishing down the South Fork. Sam Dixon arranged a float trip of 5 boats to take the pilots down the river. The trip was a perfect day on the river, and lots of people volunteered to take a day off of work to guide the boats. Thank you Sam for all of your efforts to make this day as special as I dreamed it up to be. I like to call this float the "Becker memorial Float."

Chris, Bethy, CJ and F diggity getting ready for the float.

Chirs (#4) and CJ (#7) with their guide Jake. I think it's safe to say this boat had the most 'fun.'

I was so excited to find these hats for the pilots that said "Fly Idaho." Do you get it???

Frank, Bethy, me and Gregg and Fall Creek

The girl boat! Me, Bethany, J dog and Ryan Dixon

Boss and Kim were very focused on the fishing aspect of the trip. They both hooked into great cutthroats.

Bethy fishing and rocking it!




After the fishing trip, we welcomed the Blue Angels to the Becker home for some good old Idaho hospitality. Gregg made his famous burgers and with the help of lots of family members we pulled off a great BBQ. The best part of the evening was that Justin, Jess and Cody brought over six horses so our guests could experience and Idaho sunset from horseback.



CJ (#7), Frank (#5), Jim (#2), Boss (#1)
It's not every day these pilots get to fly in the cockpit of a leather saddle in Idaho. They LOVED it!
CJ
Jim
Boss

Kim, Boss, Jim and CJ

Heading up the hill for the best sunset in the world


This is Kendalls first time on a horse. Looking good girl!

Ben turned one on July 29th, so we celebrated his birthday three days early. It's not every day that the Godmother gets to make the birthday cake so I had a lot of fun decorating!

Little Ben discovering what cake and frosting taste like. Ummmm, not to bad!

Gregg and I had such an amazing time getting to know this little guy. Frank and Bethy let the kids stay with us for three nights so we had lots of quality time to bond with them. We also learned first had that kids get up at 6am. Oh dear...

Frank and Bethy with Jared's Dukes of hazard car!

And just as promised, it was a gorgeous Idaho sunset. I looked up to the sky and just felt Ben's presence. I know he has been with us all week, and I know he was smiling down with Dad and Andy as well. I don't think these blog posts can do the week justice. My heart is still overflowing with love and happiness from such a meaningful and incredible week. Thank you Frank. You truly rocked the skies of Idaho, and gave us all a good reminder that Ben is very alive in our memories. Thank you for taking it upon yourself to make this happen. We love you and your family so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment