Wednesday, November 25, 2009

'Tis the Season


As Christmas nears, we think about our loved ones, and make plans to be with our most special people on a festive and cheerful day. We know all to well how horrible it feels to be missing those loved ones who have passed away, that won’t be coming to the Christmas dinner.

This year, I’m making a special effort to support and share a Christmas with Gregg’s friend Shaun Dunne. As some of you already may know, Shaun lost his wife Jessica to swine flu in August this year. Jessica was 7 months pregnant with their first child. In desperation of saving the unborn child, doctors took the baby by caesarean section at just 29 weeks. Jess passed away shortly after the operation without ever seeing or holding her son.

Shaun is now a single father, who has quit his job as an electrician to raise his son, Joshua Jesse. Josh stayed in the intensive care unit for weeks, but is now in the full time care of his father. So this Christmas, I am taking it upon myself to seek out donations for Shaun and Josh. I remember when we lost the Becker men; the ripple affect of people who contacted us, sent money and really cared was unbelievable.

I want to make a USA ripple affect for Shaun something that is significant to him. I know many of you have a tradition of the ‘Ben Becker Christmas Eve tip’ and I thought that this year we could split that tip with Shaun. The conversion from the US dollar to the South African Rand is 7:1, so even a little bit goes a very long way.


Jessica Dunn


Shaun and Jess

















If you would like to contribute to the Shaun and Josh fund or send him a note of encouragement and well wishes please let me know. I leave back for South Africa on the 22nd of December, and I hope to knock on his door on Christmas eve with the donations from the states.


The easiest way to donate will be to send a check in the mail. Please write it in my name, and send it as soon as possible: 9594 S. Ammon Rd. Idaho Falls, ID 83406. Or contact me for bank details for a direct deposit.



Thank you, God Bless, and Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to Shaun... I am going to hook up with Lisa and send some things his way... the little man is adorable...

    ReplyDelete