Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bonfire




Sunday evening all of Reid Valley gathered together for the annual bonfire. The night was perfect weather and it was a great chance to get to catch up with the family after being in Africa for 6 months! These are the days when I remember how much I love Idaho!!


Chris, Jill and Dawson

Meg, Jesse and baby Clancy

The reids are known for raising wild animals. This is a baby skunk. The Bob Reid's once raised a baby raccoon... so don't worry, it's par for the fam.


Becky and Clancy. I'm pretty sure he is the sweetest most happy baby I have ever met!


Jill, Jaycee and me

Ken and Becky... and yes there is a story. So in Africa, I said goodbye to these guys and sent them on their way back to the USA at the Johannesburg airport a few weeks ago. Well Ken decided it would be the logical thing to do to purchase a bottle of Cane (a very popular South African liquor) to take back to he US... but he only decided this as the plane was boarding. He decided he had enough time so he ran to duty free, bought the cane, and sprinted back to catch the plane. Well, he blames it on depth perception, but he took a huge fall, and in fear of breaking the precious bottle of cane, he sacrificed his elbow instead. He split open his elbow and had to board the plane with a gushing elbow, and use the free socks to make a bandage for the long 18 hour trek across the Atlantic. He when straight to the Dr, and the cane accident in combination with old tendon damage resulted in this cast for several weeks. The best part of the story is if you ask any South African, they will consider Ken a true hero for sacrificing himself for the cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment