Gregg has had to say goodbye to his most special people in Africa this week. It's hard to imagine what wrapping up your life in one country to move to another is like... all by yourself. In the past two weeks he has moved all of our belongings to Craig and Leigh's place, finished his job in Polokwane with Redcross, finished 4 shifts doing night flying and flying an additional 2 hours on his own dollar to complete his 95 night hours, managed to thank everyone involved who helped him get the night hours including sending flowers to the ladies who did all of the scheduling and flew to Durbs to have one last trip to see Craig and Leigh, Lofty and Carla, DJ and Moira and all of the boys at Crossways! Wow, bisque you have done an incredible job over the past 2 weeks, and I wish I could have been there along the way to help a little!!! I know the goodbyes can be heavy, but we will always make Africa a huge part of our lives. I mean really, how can we not? We will miss being in Africa and miss being so close to the awesome friends we have there. I wanted to thank everyone in Africa for helping us make the past year such a memorable one. I am forever grateful for the fact that we had the opportunity to live there together... even if it was in Polokwane.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Goodbye Africa... just for now
Gregg has had to say goodbye to his most special people in Africa this week. It's hard to imagine what wrapping up your life in one country to move to another is like... all by yourself. In the past two weeks he has moved all of our belongings to Craig and Leigh's place, finished his job in Polokwane with Redcross, finished 4 shifts doing night flying and flying an additional 2 hours on his own dollar to complete his 95 night hours, managed to thank everyone involved who helped him get the night hours including sending flowers to the ladies who did all of the scheduling and flew to Durbs to have one last trip to see Craig and Leigh, Lofty and Carla, DJ and Moira and all of the boys at Crossways! Wow, bisque you have done an incredible job over the past 2 weeks, and I wish I could have been there along the way to help a little!!! I know the goodbyes can be heavy, but we will always make Africa a huge part of our lives. I mean really, how can we not? We will miss being in Africa and miss being so close to the awesome friends we have there. I wanted to thank everyone in Africa for helping us make the past year such a memorable one. I am forever grateful for the fact that we had the opportunity to live there together... even if it was in Polokwane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment