Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This past week I was offically accepted into the YogaFit apprenticeship program to become a teacher trainer! It is something I have been hoping to do for the past 3 years, and my lack of teaching experience held me back. The requirement to become an apprentice is 5 years of teaching experience. I am now in my 4th year of teaching. At the Hood River yoga conference in August, I talked to one of my teachers about how much I wanted this opportunity. She must have written a pretty awesome recommendation letter because upon returning home, I had a request from the program to apply again, and that my one year short of teaching experience would be waived due to the high recommendation from my instructor.

So what does this mean? YogaFit is the program I have been studying through for the past 4 years. They hold classes over weekends, or 4 day weekends all over the country for yoga instructors to gain credentials. I will be spending 4 weekends working under a teacher trainer to gain experience, training and confidence to execute YogaFit's level 1 and 2 on my own. I hope to be doing paid trainings early next year.

I'm pretty excited for this opportunity to join the team of YogaFit. It's an awesome company, and this could be a long term part time job for me. My first class will be Sep 25th in SLC. Can't wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment