Tuesday, January 25, 2011

YogaFit Therapy weekend

I have to say we are LOVING San Diego these days. Beautiful sunsets, warm temperatures, meeting new friends, and really starting to feel settled. The most exciting part is a got a JOB! I will be working 3 days a week with a holistic Chiropractor here in Encinitas. I started last week, and realize I will have a steep learning curve with all of the medical terminology, but so far am loving it very much. It's very hands on, and I think I will have many opportunities to work directly with the patients. This Chiropractor specializes in working with autistic children, and has found very effective ways to work with them to decrease stress in the body. This stress in the body can be manifested in all kinds of ways and he is trying to treat the root of the problem, and not just treat the symptoms. I know I will learn so much, and really do look forward to going to work each morning.  I will explain more in another blog post, but wanted to let you all know how excited I am!

This past weekend I spent in Del Mar at a YogaFit therapy training. It was 4 days of learning how to assess clients, and work with them on a more therapeutic basis. It seemed very fitting for me to take this class as our instructor from YogaFit is a Chiropractor. Her long term vision is to someday get a Yoga Therapist in every Chiropractors office. When I was back at work yesterday morning I mentioned this to Dr. Roberts, the Chiropractor I'm working for and he replied "well why do you think I hired you!" I look forward to the opportunities this new job will present, and can't wait for my holistic healing passion to be combined with my yoga passion.


AcroYoga!
Yoga Therapy Group at the Mind Body Fitness conference in Del Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment