Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Off to Africa!


 Lofty and Carla are getting married and we are off to Africa once again! We depart Today, Nov 30th and will return on Dec 19th. I thought it might be fun to include a map to show you what we are going to be up to!

 
 

A. Johannesburg to see Guy and Justine, and Gregg will do his helicopter check rides to keep his South African license current. Then we are off to Zebula to have a weekend away with Guy, Justine, Simone, James, Lou and Banger. Zebula is about ½ way to Polokwane and I am begging Gregg to take me back to Polokwane to remember the good old days (just kidding :) We might have a chance to meet up with some old friends from Polokwane on this weekend trip.

B. Down to Durban where we will connect with lots of other friends. We will meet up with Lofty and Carla, and Gregg will get to see some of his old Red Cross pilot friends. We will also see DJ and Moira and spend a few nights in Hilton. One of the coolest things we get to do when we see DJ and Moi is go to work with DJ to the private game reserve he is managing. Lots of zebra... so cool!!

C. Wedding time! We are headed up the North Coast to celebrate Lofty and Carlas wedding. I have heard the venue is stunning so stay tuned for pics.

D. Then we head down the South Coast to the Transkei. I have never been here before and I'm SUPER excited to see a new part of South Africa this time. Rumor has it that Johnny Brogran often catches hammer head sharks so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to attempt to real one in for myself. We will meet up with Craig and Leigh and stay in a lovely cottage for a few nights here.

E. The we meet up with DJ and Moi once again and head to the Drakensburg. Also a new destination for me!! This is the large mountain range in South Africa that gets snow in the winter. We will do some hiking, and chilling, and probably drink lots of wine. We might also have the chance to stay on a private game reserve and check up some awesome animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment