These flowers were sent from Anna and Jenny on Ben's birthday. My entire living room smells of roses and they certainly brightened my day. The best part was the card that Anna wrote- including several heart felt inside jokes that you have probably heard me say if you were around me right after the accident. For those of you who remember, this might give you a little laugh:
"Damn muddy corral! Life can suck balls when your dealt a bad hand. Just got to have a coke-a-cola with a touch of everclear, and be happy locust haven't ate your crops!"
It makes me laugh out loud to read that. It also reminds me that we have come a long way from the muddy corral days. Though we all still have them, they seem to be a little less often, and a little more focused on the memory of the guys as opposed to the loss of the guys. I don't know how mom and I would have survived our first few months alone without the love and support from Anna. She was available to us for anything and everything- from killing unwanted spiders to managing frequent meltdowns. She was the calm and constant presence that we desperately needed at the time. I don't know if Anna will ever understand the gift she gave us, but when I think of the worst time in my life I remember a friend who was selfless enough to drop her entire life, move into our basement and be a true friend to me. Thank you for remembering Anna and Jenny. I know you both truly understand that even though it's been over 5 years that doesn't make the pain go away. Miss you both. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment